New York Long Term Disability Insurance
Whether you purchase a private policy or are covered under ERISA by a group policy offered by your employer or another group, Long Term Disability insurance policies share certain features that make it dangerous for you to go through the process alone no matter how obvious your disability appears. At Hermann Law Group, PLLC, we have the experience to handle your case and the success record to prove that we are the best at what we do. New York long term disability lawyer Gabe Hermann has been in the business for years. Moreover, he will be able to back that up with his track record.
They Will Try to Deny Your Claim
Carriers often deny a long term disability insurance claim initially because they either:
- don’t hear from your doctors, or
- pick out one thing your doctor said and use it against you.
In a group policy, you may jeopardize your ability to appeal successfully if you fail to adhere to strict time limits or if you do not carefully follow all of the filing procedures. The definitions of “disabled” are also complex and varied. It is therefore extremely important that you ask your doctors the right questions from the start. That way, the insurance carrier will not misinterpret their answers. It can be a daunting process, but a New York long term disability lawyer has the skill and knowledge necessary to see you through it.
Be Aware of Insurance Carrier Tactics
Carriers use interviews and even surveillance to question your disability. In addition, they may want you to undergo an evaluation to determine what your physical abilities and limitations are. The attorneys at Hermann Law Group have the experience and knowledge to successfully fight some of almost all of these efforts to deny you benefits.
Even if you have been receiving payments for several years, your carrier may review your claim at any time. As a result, the Administration may challenge your benefits at any point. In many policies, after two years the definition of disability changes, making it harder to continue receiving disability even if your condition has not improved at all!
Whether you have a group or a private policy, the key is not to give up and to have an experienced law firm help you fight for the benefits that you have paid for, and are now entitled to. Our New York long term disability lawyer can help you through this process as well, as well as ensure that you obtain what you are entitled to.
At Hermann Law Group, a Long Term Disability Lawyer Will:
- Consult with you prior to filing your long term disability insurance claim, and provide advice, including review of your policies or Summary Plan Descriptions, and review of your medical records and job descriptions, even if you are still working or have not filed your claim.
- Prepare your initial application and file it, as well as provide the insurance company with medical and vocational reports to support your claim.
- Advise you about the interplay between all your possible benefit sources, so you can collect your maximum benefits.
- Refer you to medical and vocational experts when necessary.
- Deal with the insurance company if they want you to go to their doctors, undergo a Functional Capacity Evaluation, or do a personal interview with them.
- File ERISA appeals and litigate those claims when necessary.
- Consult with you to prevent termination of the benefits you are already receiving.
- Appeal suspension or reduction of your benefits.
Private Disability Polices
Group Disability Policies/ERISA
The Top 6 Things You Need to Know About Your LTD Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
LTD Success Stories
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Disability
Multiple Sclerosis and Disability Claims