Without the help of a Demarest NJ Social Security disability lawyer, applying for Social Security disability benefits can be a very stressful process. At Hermann Law Group, PLLC, our lawyers will not only help you understand your legal rights but will also assist you through the entire process. To learn more about how our attorneys handle Demarest NJ Social Security disability claims, read below.
Social Security Disability and SSI Overview
The Social Security Administration (SSA) administers two different forms of disability-related benefits. These two forms are detailed below:
- Social Security Disability (SSD): Available to workers with a sufficient amount of “work credits” but cannot work for 12 months or more because of their disability.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): Available to adults who have low incomes and cannot work for 12 months or more, and who can also confirm specific medical issues.
Depending upon your exact circumstances, you might be eligible for either SSD or SSI benefits. These circumstances include your income and employment history. Qualifying for Social Security benefits may sound easy, however it requires important legal analysis and medical documentation. Your Demarest NJ Social Security disability lawyer will help you through the entire process, including:
- Evaluating your medical conditions
- Reviewing the quality of your medical evidence
- Building your specific profile (education, work history, mental capacity, age, and any factors that can impact your claim)
The bottom line is that you need to make sure your application is nearly flawless. Even a single error could cost you your benefits. Your Demarest NJ Social Security disability lawyer will help you avoid making costly mistakes with your application.
Filing a Demarest NJ Social Security Appeal
The first step to receiving Social Security benefits is to file an application. Although you can file independently, we strongly advise hiring a Demarest NJ Social Security disability lawyer to help you through the process. The SSA denies an overwhelming amount of meritorious applications.
Should SSA reject your application, you must file an appeal within 60 days of your rejection. If you do not file within 60 days, you will need to start the entire process over again and reapply for your benefits. If you wish to file a successful appeal, consider the following:
- File a prompt Request for Hearing
- Submit a Disability Appeal Report
- Evaluate your Social Security records
- Locate all missing information
- Present any evidence to the administrative law judge (ALJ)
- Identify any reason that could merit an accelerated hearing
- Offer testimony to the ALJ
- Cross-examine adverse witnesses
- Review the ALJ’s decision
- Enter an On the Record Request
Due to the lengthy steps needed to complete this process, your appeal may take 12 months or more to complete. An experienced Demarest NJ Social Security disability lawyer will offer you a specific approach to your Social Security appeal. This approach includes advice tailored to your circumstances that gives you the best chance for a successful appeal.
Why You Need a Demarest NJ Social Security Disability Lawyer
Filing Social Security disability claims can be a complicated and overwhelming task. Not only do you need to review your medical evidence, but you will also need to analyze the governing law. In addition to that, you must also develop arguments supporting your claims. Most individuals that apply for Social Security disability benefits cannot handle the challenging process on their own. This is especially true if he or she is suffering from a crippling medical condition.
Hiring a Demarest NJ Social Security disability lawyer allows you to focus on your personal health while having a peace of mind towards your claim. Our Social Security disability lawyer can put together your entire claim, as well as help you complete any necessary paperwork. At Hermann Law Group, PLLC, we can also assist you to appeal a denied claim.
Finding the Right Lawyer for You
Not all Social Security disability lawyers produce the same quality or level of service. You must determine if your lawyer is best suited for your particular needs before you sign any fee agreements. You will also want to determine if they can handle your claims in a professional manner. In addition to those two factors, also consider if your lawyer is:
- Properly licensed, as well as in good standing
- Experienced with Social Security appeals
- Capable of filing supplemental appeals
- Knowledgeable to your specific medical conditions
- Attentive to how your Social Security hearing office its ALJs operate
If you determine that an attorney cannot handle your claims properly, do not sign their fee agreement. Instead, contact the Hermann Law Group, PLLC to get a second opinion.
Contact a Demarest NJ Social Security Disability Lawyer Today
If you need to file a Social Security disability benefits claim, or appeal an adverse decision, contact a Demarest NJ Social Security disability lawyer at Hermann Law Group, PLLC today.