The process of submitting a disability claim is complicated, especially when you are dealing with multiple medical conditions. In light of this daunting task, you should work with an experienced Alpine Social Security disability lawyer. At the Hermann Law Group, we can guide you through the claims process.
What Social Security Disability Programs Are Available to Me?
The Social Security Administration (SSA) has two types of Social Security disability programs.
- First, SSA offers Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). To qualify for this program, you will need to meet its work requirement. The requirement mandates that you earn a minimum number of “work credits” over a designated period.
- Second, the SSA offers Supplemental Security Income (SSI). In contrast to SSDI, eligibility for SSI is determined based on your financial resources. To qualify for SSI, your income and other assets must fall below a predetermined threshold.
Individuals are permitted to qualify for both SSDI and SSI, provided that they meet the requirements of each program.
You Must Provide Medical Evidence
To receive SSD benefits, you will need to establish that you suffer from a “medically determinable” health condition. This type of condition is one that has been documented by acceptable medical evidence.
If you are not able to produce this medical evidence, the SSA will likely reject your benefits claim. While an Alpine Social Security disability lawyer can help you find a doctor, the SSA prefers that you rely on your treating physician.
How to File a Social Security Disability Claim
There are specific steps that you should take before filing an SSD claim. At the outset, you should do the following:
- gather the contact information of your treating doctors and
- create a detailed list of your employment history.
To qualify for SSD benefits, you will need to demonstrate that your medical condition prevents you from securing gainful employment. Accordingly, you will want to start thinking about how your medical condition hinders your ability to work. You should consider the following list of questions before submitting an SSD claim:
- What are your daily activities?
- What activities has your condition prevented you from enjoying?
- How frequently do you need to take breaks or rest?
- How often do you have “bad” days as compared to “good” days?
- What activities cause you the most pain?
- What steps do you take to reduce your pain?
- Do you take any medications that cause adverse side effects?
- How has your condition affected your outlook on life?
Submitting Your SSD Application
After submitting your application, the SSA will investigate your claims. Based on this investigation, the SSA will either approve or deny your claims. Unfortunately, the SSA often denies meritorious claims, therefore leading to a significant number of appeals.
Do I Need an Alpine Social Security Disability Lawyer?
Applying for SSD benefits is a stressful and challenging task. An Alpine Social Security disability lawyer can guide you through the application process, thereby increasing the probability that your claims will be approved. If the SSA denies your claims, our attorneys can assist you in appealing the decision.
What Is the Social Security Appeals Process?
After filing an appeal, an administrative law judge (ALJ) will conduct a hearing on your case. During this hearing, the ALJ will assess your evidence and the testimony of your witnesses, including any medical experts.
The process can be confusing. An Alpine Social Security disability lawyer will ensure that you understand the different components of the appeals process as well as the basis for your claims.
We Provide Personalized Representation
At Hermann Law Group, we understand the drastic consequences of having your SSD claim denied. To provide our clients with the best representation possible, we develop close relationships with each of them. By thus establishing a strong attorney-client relationship, our Alpine Social Security disability lawyer can gain a thorough understanding of your case and provide you with advice that addresses your unique needs.
At Hermann Law Group, We Offer You Peace of Mind
While we cannot guarantee that your claim or appeal will be successful, we will do everything in our power to give you the best chance of succeeding. This includes making sure your application or appeal is timely, accurate, and detailed.
Our Alpine Social Security disability lawyer will be available to answers any questions that may arise and support you during this difficult process.
Contact an Alpine Social Security Disability Lawyer Today
Call a seasoned Alpine Social Security disability lawyer today at 888-511-4921 for a consultation. We will provide you with the respect and service that you deserve.