New York Disability Lawyers
If you are disabled and you have the requisite months and years of service with the railroad, you may be entitled to benefits from the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB).
Insler & Hermann is one of the premier firms in the region handling Railroad Retirement Benefits also known as Railroad Retirement Disability. Our disability attorneys have the legal expertise and knowledge to represent your claim successfully, obtaining the benefits to which you are entitled.
The claims process is very similar to Social Security Disability, and the standard for disability is the same as it is for Social Security Disability. Whether you apply for an Occupational Disability Annuity or a Total and Permanent Disability Annuity, you must prove that you have a certain number of months of creditable Railroad service, and that you are permanently disabled.
At Insler & Hermann, we have been representing claimants in Railroad Retirement Benefits claims for over a decade. Our disability attorneys in New York know that applying for benefits of railroad retirement disability can be confusing and difficult, and that it often involves extensive dealings with the Railroad Retirement Board. We consider it our job to make the process as easy as possible for you. We will fight for your rights, and we will take you through every step of the process with patience and compassion.
- Railroad Retirement Claims Process
- Occupational Disability Benefits vs. Total Disability Benefits
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How Length of Service Affects Railroad Retirement Benefits
- Railroad Retirement Plan
- Railroad Retirement Benefits Explained
- Railroad Retirement Disability Success Stories
- Railroad Retirement Benefits vs. Social Security Benefits
- Railroad Retirement Disability Annuities
- Tax Withholding and Railroad Retirement Payments